You are not connected. Please login or register

Kicked for talking in side

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Kicked for talking in side on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:46 pm

So, every now and then I get kicked for talking in side, even though both keys are assigned to nothing.

Today, this happened twice. The second time, I was flying and my life was pretty much in the heli. I know this is DayZ and sometimes these things happen, but was wondering if an admin would be willing to sort out a couple things, or not, please?

Thanks for your time.

Jesse

View user profile

2 Re: Kicked for talking in side on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:43 pm

Side chat is triggered by pressing the caps lock key.. Don't worry dude, it pisses me off too.

We are actively looking for a solution to fix this issue.

For a 'now solution', I recommend you rebind your push to talk keys in your game controls menu

(2x means push twice)

I would recommend binding them to a key you will remember (if you actively use voice) what you are unlikely to hit on accident, or if you don't use voice at all, simply delete the bind altogether.

You could also blank those out complete and manually add triggers to Group, vehicle and direct chats (if you use voice at all)

View user profile http://endlessgaming.forumotion.com

3 Re: Kicked for talking in side on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:47 pm

Thanks for taking the time to do this.  Unfortunately, I have already bound these to nothing.  Deleted the defaults and did not replace.  Mine show as blank, whereas in your example, you see "2xCaps Lock" and "Caps Lock."  Yet, was still kicked.

View user profile

4 Re: Kicked for talking in side on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:53 pm

Tried re-binding them to something else?

it may be that because they are blank, they may be defaulting.

As I stated though, it has been my personal mission to solve this, because it pisses me off to no end as well..

View user profile http://endlessgaming.forumotion.com

5 Re: Kicked for talking in side on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:42 pm

Will give that a shot, thank you.

View user profile

6 Re: Kicked for talking in side on Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:47 am

Venom wrote:Will give that a shot, thank you.

if you havent already dmz and I find helis a lot. can give you one to replace.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum