In order to combat lag, a server-wide vehicle cleanup will begin at 1:00pm on Saturday [AEST]
This cleanup will be extensive and unforgiving, so I suggest you store your vehicles correctly in the coming days.

Any vehicle found to be out in the open, and not in a virtual garage, inside your base (not just inside the plot radius) or in a hanger will be impounded, and if not collected within 24 hours, will be destroyed.

Virtual garage is free to use so there is no excuse for vehicles to be left out on the map.
I will also be increasing the maximum number of vehicles in virtual garage in order to accommodate this cleanup.
You can access virtual garage by scrolling on your plot pole, if you do not have a plot pole, you can buy one at trader
or request one from a staff member

Please be aware, there will be NO REFUNDS GIVEN for impounded vehicles impounded during this cleanup, unless a server bug can be identified as the reason for it's disappearance.

I have added a timer and created in-server alerts to give you guys as much notice as possible,
Thank you for the understanding.

Regards
- Knight

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some (brain fart) suggestions

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Some (brain fart) suggestions on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:29 am

Apologies if these have been proposed and dismissed in the past but i'm waiting for scheduled restart to complete to log back in and thought i'd share a few suggestions.

Limit the number of vehicles a single player can have.

Perhaps 3 per player, unless they can give a compelling reason why they NEED to have 6-7 vechiles. So many times now i've flown past bases with a veritable parking lot outside. Now these could be clan bases and each vehicle only has a single vechile each but given that at one point I did a GPS check while standing in Stary which came back with 179 vehicles within 1500m, this seems excessive.

Must be at least relatively close to a mission before you can claim

Often I see people claiming missions and then flying halfway across the map to get to said mission. This means others who are closer and could conceivably complete said mission BEFORE the claimant even gets there are left out.

Enforce exclusion zones

Server rules state you cannot built within 1500m of a Trader however there are bases (or at least areas with locked doors) within less than 100m from Stary, hell there seems to be a base in the building beside the parking lot at Stary! 1500m seems excessive and 500m with a common sense rule in place, for example a pre-fab building seems to have been built on top of a lake close to Stary for reasons only the builder can provide!

Leaderboards

It's always nice to be able to laud it over others for being richer or more heroic or in some cases even having been killed more than them!

'Free For All' areas

As much i'm 100% behind the PvE element of the server (mostly due to being garbage at PvP), something which I had worked on for my own PvE server many moons ago was the concept that Cities and Airfields were 'Free For All' PvP areas with the rest of the map being the standard PvE.

Similar to the message received when entering/ leaving Trader Cities, players would be informed that they were entering an 'anything goes' area and could expect trouble if they remained for too long. It's something which i've yet to see on other servers, possibly due to being too complex to set up but it would mean any players who are simply passing through who become aware of the limited PvP element may be more inclined to stick around, eventually become a meaningful member of society, donate etc.

View user profile

2 Re: Some (brain fart) suggestions on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:29 am

Very interesting Ideas. I will have a discussion with Knight and the other Staff members and see if we can get some of these ideas implemented.

Regards,
Quake

View user profile

3 Re: Some (brain fart) suggestions on Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:32 am

OP wrote:Limit the number of vehicles a single player can have.

Perhaps 3 per player, unless they can give a compelling reason why they NEED to have 6-7 vechiles. So many times now i've flown past bases with a veritable parking lot outside. Now these could be clan bases and each vehicle only has a single vechile each but given that at one point I did a GPS check while standing in Stary which came back with 179 vehicles within 1500m, this seems excessive.

This is something we DO need to look into, and will be actively discussed and investigated,
However, there is 176 vehicles at stary because due to the model deployment system for ARMA, each deployed item is in a "vehicle" class, for example: the shipping containers used to make the trader mapping/

OP wrote:
Must be at least relatively close to a mission before you can claim

Often I see people claiming missions and then flying halfway across the map to get to said mission. This means others who are closer and could conceivably complete said mission BEFORE the claimant even gets there are left out.

One of the reasons we started this community was to avoid this exact rule, we where constantly being dictated at or even kicked for claiming missions because someone else happened to be nearer. yet wildly unequipped, unprepared, or just greedy.

We much prefer an honor system here..

Unlike many servers we prefer to have a self moderating community, based on good will and common sense.

IF we find an individual abusing the system, we will deal with it on a case-by-case basis.

OP wrote:Enforce exclusion zones

Server rules state you cannot built within 1500m of a Trader however there are bases (or at least areas with locked doors) within less than 100m from Stary, hell there seems to be a base in the building beside the parking lot at Stary! 1500m seems excessive and 500m with a common sense rule in place, for example a pre-fab building seems to have been built on top of a lake close to Stary for reasons only the builder can provide!

1500 is the rule when I am offline, this rule is to keep lag in high pop areas to a minimum.

If people wish to build closer they can, we actually don't mind (unlike many servers). however they must gain admin approval, and it must be small.

Most of the 'bases' you refer to are administration buildings, and are used for stuff like Admin HQ, offline loot-crate pickup points and offline vehicle refund pickup points..
There exists only one player owned base in Stary, and that is DMZ's houses near trader driveway, which he was gifted, and permitted to build there.

The building on the lake was part of a development experiment, it is not a deploy-able building, and it will automatically disappear in 30 days

OP wrote:'Free For All' areas

As much i'm 100% behind the PvE element of the server (mostly due to being garbage at PvP), something which I had worked on for my own PvE server many moons ago was the concept that Cities and Airfields were 'Free For All' PvP areas with the rest of the map being the standard PvE.

I'm happy to provide a PVP arena for events or duels, but I won't be making public areas a free for all, some / most players don't play that way, and we would like to respect that, PVE is our primary gamemode here, if people NEED to kill other players, there is many fantastic PVP servers they can visit to play the PVP gamemode.

Our goal was never to get as many members as possible, we set out to create a niche PVE community with a favor of quality over quantity in terms of population, Growing the community is a great idea, and is definitely one of our ongoing goals, however, we need to ensure that the people coming here aren't going to be competitively toxic individuals who's only goal is make someone's day a bit worse.

OP wrote:Leaderboards

It's always nice to be able to laud it over others for being richer or more heroic or in some cases even having been killed more than them!

A little friendly competition is always healthy.

View user profile http://endlessgaming.forumotion.com

4 Re: Some (brain fart) suggestions on Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:50 am

I played a bit on a server that used this, I think it is the same AI mod we are using on our server

https://epochmod.com/forum/topic/44646-release-iwac-autoclaim-addon-for-wai-v131/

I'm not sure if the admins wanna install another mod but it could automate something we need.

View user profile

5 Re: Some (brain fart) suggestions on Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:14 pm

exeleven wrote:I played a bit on a server that used this, I think it is the same AI mod we are using on our server

https://epochmod.com/forum/topic/44646-release-iwac-autoclaim-addon-for-wai-v131/

I'm not sure if the admins wanna install another mod but it could automate something we need.

I literally just finished replying to a message about the forced exclusion zone script.. in short, it's not happening.

I refuse to hurry people along in favor of missions, a PVE server is a survival server first, and missions are secondary, i'd much rather people use common sense instead of having their hand forced

As good and idea the boundary script seems (and I thought so too at the time), they are a nightmare if you are a looting an area, own a nearby base, if you have a broken leg, need to fix your car, are playing survival mode, are battling roaming AI, murking Zeds, exploring, farming, building a base, fishing, hunting, gone AFK, are hiding from something or are looting a mission you have just completed in the area.

I've personally spent weeks trialing this mod before we launched to see if it was something we would want, and the idea of forcing people to hurry up and move along, abandon what they are doing, or face being forced to complete a mission, or run out of the exclusion zone to cancel it goes against our self moderation policy.

We have some pretty clear cut guidelines regarding mission claiming, and there should be no arguing provided they are followed.
Claim in side and on map
One mission per person/team at a time
First in, first served.

The reason we don't have a "you must be X distance from the mission" rule, is because you can get across the map in 5 minutes if you have a helicopter.

View user profile http://endlessgaming.forumotion.com

6 Re: Some (brain fart) suggestions on Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:47 pm

Ah yeah very understandable getting locked into a mission you don't want to do, and having to move if you don't want too. The way we have set up now if fine with me. Sometimes it's fun watching someone race to the mission before it disappears Laughing

View user profile

7 Re: Some (brain fart) suggestions on Wed May 16, 2018 10:43 am

I support all these except the exclusion zone and the vehicle rule.

So far I am struggling with what to do except collect gear and vehicles and help people. Part of this is collecting military vehicles of which I now have 7 and a helicopter. When I get bored of collecting vehicles I will probably organise a competition for them, sell them or set up a scavenger hunt to give them away.

But for now collecting them is part of the fun.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum