You are not connected. Please login or register

continued computer problems

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 continued computer problems on Sat May 12, 2018 2:43 pm

sorry ive been around less, my pc needs a psu, so it constantly restarts. Sad unlucky. 500w or better apparently.

- JJ Like a Star @ heaven

View user profile

2 Re: continued computer problems on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:59 am

that pc has officially died. I have a very very old machine hooked to my tv for now. I can't game, but I can log in to ride around and fix peoples issues, and thats all the fun anyways Smile

View user profile

3 Re: continued computer problems on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:01 am

I'd recommend getting at least 650W psu, maybe even up to 800W depending on your rig, and your video card.

View user profile

4 Re: continued computer problems on Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:09 pm

Greenshag1979 wrote:I'd recommend getting at least 650W psu, maybe even up to 800W depending on your rig, and your video card.

mixed bag of 2011 parts stuck together with bubble gum i guess. Its still eons better than this.
I miss it Sad

-JJ Like a Star @ heaven

View user profile

5 Re: continued computer problems on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:28 pm

Jessica Jones wrote:sorry ive been around less, my pc needs a psu, so it constantly restarts. Sad unlucky. 500w or better apparently.

What's the rig?
Specs, GPU, processor?

A decent PSU can be pretty easy to come by provided you aren't running duel cards.

View user profile http://endlessgaming.forumotion.com

6 Re: continued computer problems on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:45 am

Knight wrote:
Jessica Jones wrote:sorry ive been around less, my pc needs a psu, so it constantly restarts. Sad unlucky. 500w or better apparently.

What's the rig?
Specs, GPU, processor?

A decent PSU can be pretty easy to come by provided you aren't running duel cards.

from what i can see (i didnt build it) its a 3.0 ghz intel machine from compaq that someone swapped 8gb memory into, a radeon 6670 (pre hdmi) and a ssd. has a stock 350w psu, and the card calls for 400w+ from what i could google. idk. nothing special, but i loved being able to play on high setting and get 22 fps Sad

(i know it sounds like a small amount but this machine gets 5-8 haha) id use this power supply but this is one of those microtower things.

View user profile

7 Re: continued computer problems on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:27 pm

The 6670 originally needed a 400w PSU but that was due to really bad PSU efficiency, a 350 or even a 300 would probably work fine, provided you aren't plugging in too many drives.

If you don't mind a bit of a hack-job you could always do one of the following;

Take the 6670 out of the old machine and plug it into the current machine, though you may not be able to put the top back on.

(also, hijacking as much ram as you can from the old system.. any gain is a good gain)

OR

Take the 'compact' psu from the microatx tower and jerry rig it to the old machine.
The compact desktop system will be more than capable of running the tower PC, it might just get a bit ugly with the PSU floating on top or inside.

Another option is to find an old broken machine and boost the PSU from it..  you'd be surprised how many people nerf computers just because the hard drive failed or they just upgraded and didn't know what to do with the old one.

You can find free shit like this all the time.. best score so far was a Alienware x51 r2 that I ended up selling on eBay for over $700

View user profile http://endlessgaming.forumotion.com

8 Re: continued computer problems on Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:45 pm

Knight wrote:The 6670 originally needed a 400w PSU but that was due to really bad PSU efficiency, a 350 or even a 300 would probably work fine, provided you aren't plugging in too many drives.

If you don't mind a bit of a hack-job you could always do one of the following;

Take the 6670 out of the old machine and plug it into the current machine, though you may not be able to put the top back on.

(also, hijacking as much ram as you can from the old system.. any gain is a good gain)

OR

Take the 'compact' psu from the microatx tower and jerry rig it to the old machine.
The compact desktop system will be more than capable of running the tower PC, it might just get a bit ugly with the PSU floating on top or inside.

Another option is to find an old broken machine and boost the PSU from it..  you'd be surprised how many people nerf computers just because the hard drive failed or they just upgraded and didn't know what to do with the old one.

You can find free shit like this all the time.. best score so far was a Alienware x51 r2 that I ended up selling on eBay for over $700

i have no idea how i missed this. im sorry.
This is good advice, I may be trying to do some of the following, I just didnt wanna break this machine too lol

-JJ Like a Star @ heaven

View user profile

9 Re: continued computer problems on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:17 am

Hey Jess, If you need a PSU i've got a spare 550W in the house you can have I'd be happy to post you it

View user profile

10 Re: continued computer problems on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:04 pm

i had a friend redo the thermal paste and a deep cleaning. so its not that. has to be psu. still random reboots. I miss everyone. got on for a spell earlier and it died, to see if the paste fixed it. it didnt. gonna get welshs psu and go again!

-JJ Like a Star @ heaven

View user profile

11 Re: continued computer problems on Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:45 am

welsh did post me a psu but i havent recieved it, i imagine its floating here from nz. thats typical of the mail service in all countries lol. It almost isnt mattering at this point, life is upside down. i have to move by the end of the month etc.

i miss games, i havent played a game in soooo long. life is bs.

i miss you all

hi dmz

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum