You are not connected. Please login or register

Base decay

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Base decay on Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:07 am

Morning all. I logged on this morning to find my base had decayed and 8 full cinder walls a fire barrel and my workbench had disappeared. I maintained my base on the weekend. so I cant understand why its starting to disappear. Can I please be reimbursed the cost of the cinder walls?

And also, after a suicide bomber infiltrated my base and detonated inside, I noticed there were a few walls and wooden floors that needed maintaining again, which i did at a cost of $20k. I then inspected the damaged items to find that they hadn't been maintained, yet my $20k was gone.

View user profile

2 Re: Base decay on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:54 pm

This occurred on multiple bases.  I saw yesterday that the Gorka Kill Zone bases were tore up.  I can't remember if Welsh's was one of them but he said his was hurt when he was on yesterday.

My own base:  Anything cinder is gone.   I haven't built much on that, so not much loss there.  But a huge loss I've taken is everything else.  I am missing the plot pole, and several safes.  Food, Medical, two construction safes, and two weapons safes.   The huge loss here is that I was saving up for possible future events, maxing out the bank in these safes.  I've never even seen safes get deleted like that.  

But the vehicles in my VG are alive and I'm alive with my traveling sniper SUV.  Hell, I could live in the field with just a bb gun and a knife really and sandbox the hell out of that living again.  But when everyone is resolved I would later like to ask to get comp'd on the financial part.  I can handle everything else as I don't build that much anyway.  

And yeah I think its happening when we do base maintenance.  
I know its happened to several, so Im just adding in what happened with me.  I've never seen safes get deleted so that's new to me.

Cya'll in the field,

Starke

View user profile

3 Re: Base decay on Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:56 am

At this stage we are due for our server wipe, which will probably be happening in the next few days. As such no refunds will be given.

Regards,
Quake

View user profile

4 Re: Base decay on Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:00 am

No refunds for coins or humanity? Will anything at all be restorable?

View user profile

5 Re: Base decay on Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:19 pm

Just for anyone who is wpndering, database wipes are not uncommon for Dayz Servers. They have to happen eventually as databases start to get full.

We have lasted 4+ months without a wipe and I have delayed it as long as possible

Humanity will always be preserved.

Myself and the other admins are debating whether to do a full object wipe(cars and base items) or a complete wipe.

In any case a very generous refund crate will be issued as compensation.

Stay tuned.
We will also have some server wide events comming soon.

Warm Regards,
Quake

View user profile

6 Re: Base decay on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:49 pm

i vote complete wipe. bounce whats the difference between full object wipe and a complete wipe? lol

View user profile

7 Re: Base decay on Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:14 pm

Ouch. This one is hurting me pretty badly.

Starke

View user profile

8 Re: Base decay on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:53 am

If I can keep my humanity and get at least some of my net worth back, I'm all good..

View user profile

9 Re: Base decay on Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:31 am

Humanity will be kept, we will hand out a refund crate which will most likely be full of supplies to make a sizeable base + gems.

We are also going to allow players to request any one vehicle they bloody want. (provided it isnt SUPER OP-not that there is many to begin with).

In addition we will be running events close too and after the wipe.

Don't worry, we always look after our players.

Regards,
Quake

View user profile

10 Re: Base decay on Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:20 pm

is the 'account older than 30 days' mean signed onto here or onto the game ? I only recently added an account here to deal with an issue of deleted base but would've been playing more than the 30day period unregistered

View user profile

11 Re: Base decay on Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:31 pm

Karl wrote:is the 'account older than 30 days' mean signed onto here or onto the game ?  I only recently added an account here to deal with an issue of deleted base but would've been playing more than the 30day period unregistered

server join date, not forum.

View user profile http://endlessgaming.forumotion.com

12 Damaged base on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:52 am

Morning all. Since the wipe, I have noticed my base is damaged. I have maintained the damaged items through the plot pole and it has not removed the 10% damage my base has sustained. Last night, I force maintained my base and I still have 10% damage to a good 80% of my base.

View user profile

13 Re: Base decay on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:06 pm

Hi KBS,
I have turned of base maintencce

For the moment you will not need to maintain your base.

Enjoy the free rent.

Regards,
Quake

View user profile

14 Re: Base decay on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:36 pm

Quake wrote:Hi KBS,
I have turned of base maintencce

For the moment you will not need to maintain your base.

Enjoy the free rent.

Regards,
Quake

Thanks for this - I thought I was going crazy the last few nights with the amount of maintenance I was paying !! Smile

View user profile

15 Re: Base decay on Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:17 am

Are we still getting free rent?

View user profile

16 Re: Base decay on Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:47 pm

Yeah.

I will make a global annoucement if that changes.

In all honesty I may not change it back. I will just manually clean up the database of objects for inactive players.

Regards, Quake

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum