You are not connected. Please login or register

The Red Ryder Cup!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Red Ryder Cup! on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:19 am

Ok, I know this is a pve server...But, Starke and I were discussing potential for a fun pvp event.

The Red Ryder Cup!

Team Deathmatch with BB Guns!

Participants would have to register on the forums with their team members, so it's completely voluntary, and would not affect the gameplay of others on the server, though they are welcome to come spectate.

Location: Cherno Shipping yard, as there are already objects to hide behind and it can be walled off and contained to that small area with the application of a few plot poles and walls. Some more items would have to be place to provide for some more cover in the open areas.

I understand with the suggestion of PvP, this, along with any other event is subject to Admin approval. And, I would be more than willing to use my own time and coin to set up the arena. I think we could have a lot of fun with this, and if the turnout is good, the potential for more events in the future. I seek the admins blessing on this idea, because it cannot work without you. Smile

Tournament date to be determined. Admin approval is required.

-Artemis

View user profile

2 Re: The Red Ryder Cup! on Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Pvp events are permitted, as long as all parties are in agreement, Ideally with an admin online to ensure people know it's happening, and they can also issue you guys the items you need.

View user profile http://endlessgaming.forumotion.com

3 Re: The Red Ryder Cup! on Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:43 pm

@Knight

I appreciate the support, and clarification on PvP events being permitted. I'm going to try and get those interested on a list so everything is on the up and up. I understand that organizing this is going to be a task for me. And, I totally understand that this rests in any admin willing to supervise; as it takes away from their own personal gaming time. And, that can be quite a task.

@Those interested.

Formats will be 3v3 tournament best 2 out of 3 as anymore might be a little crowded where this is to take place. And, the ever popular Free For All:Last Man(or woman) Standing...FFA is 3 rounds, Winner take all. So, if you are interested, and have a team in mind, please drop a line here, and we'll get the wheels in motion.

I would like to schedule this event for Sunday, September 30, at the 3pm EST restart. But, if a later or earlier time is desired, I'm more than open to suggestions.
My goal here is to try and accommodate as many players as possible, and, of course, to have a fun time. After all, that's why we're all here.

Let's make this happen, people! Razz

Best wishes,

-Artemis

View user profile

4 Re: The Red Ryder Cup! on Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:01 am

Hey mates! I've had jury duty for the past week, sorry to drop off the map on Friday like that. I'd love to hop onto this event though, I'll be able to help coordinate in-game if possible!

View user profile

5 Re: The Red Ryder Cup! on Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:02 am

If you keep me posted via discord when, where, who, what's required i'll attend and set it up

View user profile

6 Re: The Red Ryder Cup! on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:09 pm

Let me know and ill help coordinate set up and prize facilitation. bounce

View user profile

7 Re: The Red Ryder Cup! on Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:03 pm

I'm always keen for PVP but 3pm EST is pretty hard here.

One suggestion having run PVP events on other PVE servers is you may want to arrange a mod to assist with restoring humanity if players are at the lower end and it'll impact their later play.

View user profile

8 Re: The Red Ryder Cup! on Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:16 pm

Karl wrote:I'm always keen for PVP but 3pm EST is pretty hard here.  

One suggestion having run PVP events on other PVE servers is you may want to arrange a mod to assist with restoring humanity if players are at the lower end and it'll impact their later play.

I'm fairly certain we can work something out. This is something that I have definitely considered. It will certainly be looked into.

View user profile

9 Re: The Red Ryder Cup! on Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:34 pm

we will compile a list of all participants current humanity and refund accordingly

View user profile

10 Re: The Red Ryder Cup! on Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:52 am

So...After testing this with ThazZ, we have discovered that the BB gun does not actually hurt players. Is there a way to tweak it's damage? (Hopefully that isn't a huge coding issue). Otherwise, I think it would just be easier to move on, and just limit us to low powered primary weapons and side arms.

The Team Event:
3v3
First team to 10 kills
Best 2 of 3 matches to advance.
Bottom 2 teams will compete for a consolation prize.

Free For All Event:
One Round
First player to accrue 10 kills wins
Prizes awarded to top 3 players

Don't let this deter anyone from participating. There will be prizes awarded to all who come, it will certainly not be a waste of your time.

View user profile

11 Re: The Red Ryder Cup! on Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:55 am

Also, Just to put this out there, I will begin work on sealing off the arena on Friday, September 28. Starting at the 3pm EST restart. (If that is acceptable)

View user profile

12 Re: The Red Ryder Cup! on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:06 pm

I would like to say that the turnout was good, and I know I had fun, and some others have expressed that they enjoyed themselves as well. I think I did a pretty good job setting up the arena.

Congratulations to Babz3, Valut, Liam, Lionix, and LowdownandDirty for winning the team event.

The FFA event was pretty damned good, with a final 3 way shootout between myself, Lionix, and Valut. Fortune favors the bold, and I was able to gank both of them. But, everyone did a phenomenal job.

Places for the FFA

1st: Artemis
2nd: Lionix
3rd: Babz3

And, thank you to everyone that participated. These events don't work without you. I look forward to the next event. Also, a big thank you to WelshGaz for helping out, and being the Referee. You did a great job. I cannot stress this enough, you guys makes these events work, and I can't do them without you, and especially cannot do them without the admins, so, thank you all. You make this community what it is.

-Artemis

View user profile

13 Great fun for all! on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:23 am

Thanks to Artemis and Starke for a great idea; however but some subtle changes will help:

1. NO SPECTATORS - the spectators we had were making useless comments on side chat, delaying the proceedings, and interrupting the Admin in charge of conducting the game.

2. Teams chosen MUST wear the same skin to cut down on confusion. Also for team competitions, a restricted selection of weapons should be used. It was disappointing to find we wouldn't be able to all use Red Ryder BB guns for example.

For the free for all? That was cool as hell to pick out any weapon we wanted.

3. If there were a way to turn off player tags temporarily that would raise the bar considerably.

4. There was an incredible amount of screwing around by some player contestants causing confusion, bringing unapproved weapons, and ignoring the Admin, delaying the proceedings. There were some contestants bringing Assault Rifles when it was clearly stated to bring SMG, Shotguns, Pistols and the 1866 rifle. Such players should be barred from competition or kicked.

5. Contestants must be able to speak and understand the English language. Microphones are required. Period.

Thank you.

View user profile

14 Re: The Red Ryder Cup! on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:18 pm

All valid points, Fox_Mike. But, for a first attempt, we didn't do so bad. If anything it was a good trial run to work out the kinks for future events, and I'm already brainstorming ideas for the next event. Though, I will say, as much as I like the idea of other players being able to spectate, it was just too much of a hassle with all the side-chat comments from people not participating. Unfortunately, I think next time we won't be able to have spectators.

Again, this couldn't have worked without the players, and especially the admins *Shout out* WelshGaz, and ThazZ, for helping me put this together. Along with Knight for giving me the green-light to get this to happen.

I would like to thank the staff, personally, for allowing this event to happen, and hope to work with you all in the future on another one. You guys run an awesome server, and have given me an opportunity to reconnect with some of my gamer friends. I'm happy to be part of this community, there are some really great folks here.

Also, I know I posted this in the Discord, but myself, and Chiaotien cleaned up the area used for the arena, to restore it to its (more or less) original state. I find that it was the only proper thing to do after making so many modifications. I did leave a few walls in place along the outer perimeter, but they won't cause any issues for players, unless they're trying to crawl through a hole in the wall (literally). However, if you wish them removed, I will make sure to take care of it ASAP.
-Artemis

View user profile

15 Thanks to everyone! on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:53 am

It definitely was a great first effort. Best admins on the best PvE / PvP Contest server around Smile

Not that I'm biased or anything like that.

View user profile

16 Re: The Red Ryder Cup! on Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:28 pm

Looks like I missed all the fun, apologies I have been a bit busy lately. Firstly I would like to thank all of you. You do what myself and Knight are normally unable to do due to massive time restrictions.

I will look into adding a toggle switch to tags but I cant make any promises.

As for side chat just start kicking people if they become to disruptive, issue temp bans if they are repeatedly doing it. You could always make a group chat and have all the participants in there also.

If players are screwing around just spawn them away. Being in an event is a privilege not a right and if you cant follow the rules they can go elsewhere. If they come back after being sent elsewhere then start kicking ect.

Lastly I think it might be a super idea to develop an official events team admin position.

Regards,
Quake

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum