You are not connected. Please login or register

Base Building Policy

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Base Building Policy Empty Base Building Policy on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:49 pm

Base Building Policy

effective 31 October 2018

General Rules:

• Building within 1500m of a trader is NOT permitted.

• Placing plot poles OR helipads within 200m of a trader vehicle spawn is not permitted under ANY circumstances, (Not even temporarily)

• No building is permitted within 200m of military bases, or high value loot spawns (airports, barracks, etc) If in doubt, ask an Admin.
    (If using a hanger for aircraft storage you may place a single lockbox or safe inside the hanger for the purpose of storing aircraft keys and personal effects)

Base Building Policy WDL3USR
    Base Building Policy O7uQC7U

• Bases are not allowed to break the laws of physics.. if you base seems to defy gravity, it WILL be deleted, alongside everything in it.

• Don't use metal floors as walls. They don't render quickly, and have been know to lead to aerial incidents.

This is acceptable:
    Base Building Policy XbsBAe9

This, however.... is not ok:
    Base Building Policy KnX31fU

• You are not allowed to build on a road, you are however permitted to build a bridge over the road, provided it will not prevent another user in any land vehicle from moving through without issue.

• Setting traps around your base is not permitted unless they are behind a locked door, if you set traps in areas easily accessible by other players it will be classed as PVP, and you will be dealt with according to the PVP policy.

• You may not block access to any loot location where unique or rare loot spawns, e.g:

1. hospitals - reason: This is a spawn point for unique Medical supplies
    2. fire stations  - reason: This is a spawn point for high value loot like heavier weaponry, and is a common bambi goto point.
    3. schools - contains many common starting loot items and is a common bambi goto point.
    4. building sites - reason: This building type specific and unique building tools and building materials, that can only spawn in this building type.
    5. supermarkets - reason:Most common place to find food in an emergency, is a common bambi goto point, and holds and increased spawn rate for 2stroke oil.

*Note: building on the roof, or next door is allowed, provided it doesn't impede easy or safe access for other players to the loot spawns within.

This is allowed:
Base Building Policy 6bjcXzD

This is NOT allowed:
Base Building Policy TBnLlt1

more to come....

View user profile http://endlessgaming.forumotion.com

2Base Building Policy Empty Re: Base Building Policy on Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:13 am

I'd like to propose an amendment...Can we please use walls for walls, and floors for floors...I just flew into someones OBSCENE tower because metal floors don't render until like...the last minute. This damn thing is built out of nothing but metal floors...Grid 100 068

- Artemis

Base Building Policy 20181110

View user profile

3Base Building Policy Empty Re: Base Building Policy on Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:56 pm

I agree with this, The very reason we have the no floating building rule is because floor pieces have lower spawn distances than walls, Anyone have any objections to this amendment?

View user profile http://endlessgaming.forumotion.com

4Base Building Policy Empty Re: Base Building Policy on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:53 pm

fly higher lol

-JJ Like a Star @ heaven

View user profile

5Base Building Policy Empty Re: Base building policy. on Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:01 pm

I agree with Artemis.

That metal walled monstrosity is a hazard to aviation and a resource hog. Please ammend policy to prohibit using metal floors or panels for walls.

View user profile

6Base Building Policy Empty Re: Base Building Policy on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:14 am

but then where does the 'censorship' or 'prohibition' end? i have seen real world structures with minimal support or floors that extend far beyond struts or columns. yes that tower is ugly as hell lol but will we continue to stifle creativity? just a thought

View user profile

7Base Building Policy Empty Re: Base Building Policy on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:28 am

It's not about censorship. It's about a structure that, due to engine limitations, doesn't render until you're right on top of it. This is more a safety issue, i would think.

View user profile

8Base Building Policy Empty Re: Base Building Policy on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:45 am

Doctor_Z, at the end of the day, It's like johnqevil said...I't about that particular type of structure not rendering properly until it's too late. Yeah, for those of us that are aware it's there it might not be an issue after losing a chopper to it. But, consider newer players, who just nicked a chopper from a mission, and lose it instantly to this structure. That shit would piss me off. So, in that regard, that's why the proposal was made to change it. All this "censorship" and "prohibition" talk is nonsense; and as such, has no merit in this conversation. Because, it was mentioned from the very first post, that the metal floors were not rendering properly. Please, try to at least CONTRIBUTE to the discussion. Instead of adding nonsensical comments.

Besides, ultimately; the decision is up to Knight, and Quake. And, it is their very right to change such policies as they see fit.

-Artemis

View user profile

9Base Building Policy Empty Re: Base Building Policy on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:52 am

Basketball

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum