- IMPORTANT -

- NOTICE -

You can now deploy new furniture items from citrines, sapphires, and amethysts...

I have no idea why I do this shit either..
-Knight

You are not connected. Please login or register

Missing Vehicles

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Missing Vehicles Empty Missing Vehicles on Fri May 03, 2019 11:22 pm

Led Colecta

Firstly, thanks to Artemis for covering the loss of my Virtual Garage that was emptied last week. However, i logged back in last night and again found that my MTVR full of gear was not there. I know i secured it in the VG prior to logging the night before last, but now it is gone. Is this a known issue? I dont have the desire to keep logging in to find gear gone and starting over each time i log in.

Let me know
Cheers
Led.

2Missing Vehicles Empty Re: Missing Vehicles on Sat May 04, 2019 5:42 am

Artemis

Artemis

Missing Vehicles OV1Pbp7
I’m sorry this keeps happening to you my dude. Sad

3Missing Vehicles Empty Re: Missing Vehicles on Sat May 04, 2019 11:52 am

Artemis

Artemis

Missing Vehicles OV1Pbp7
It could be a simple VG desync that can happen if logged in too soon after a restart (about 5min). I’m am unsure if this can be rectified through waiting another restart and trying again. Knight can probably shed more light on this than I can.

- Artemis

4Missing Vehicles Empty Re: Missing Vehicles on Sun May 05, 2019 10:15 am

...JB...

My suggested best practices:
DON'T EVEN LOG IN until 4 minutes after the hour. If you've ever logged in right after *any* server restarts, then can't interact with a storage object, plot pole or door, it's because the server hasn't finished loading the database with EVERY SINGLE ITEM yet. And a BIG database means this can take WAY longer. That's why many servers have building limits - or request you don't leave vehicles out of VG - all that shit has to be loaded at startup. Or why servers have a wipe every couple months, the database just becomes too massive to manage, write to disk at shutdown, and reload to memory at startup.

LOG OUT with 4 minutes left. If the server pops the "will restart in 2 mins" message - and you're interacting with a safe, vehicle or plot pole - EXPECT A PROBLEM.

Don't fuck around, get out!!

5Missing Vehicles Empty Re: Missing Vehicles on Sun May 05, 2019 12:32 pm

...JB...

But also need to add, I do all the above and lost 2 MTVR's and an SUV (the last 3 vehicles I touched) between last night and tonight.

6Missing Vehicles Empty Re: Missing Vehicles on Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:24 am

Necro221

I logged in after a break from the game. all my vehicles are now gone from VG. Plus I only get to play acouple mins then I get DCed with a 80 ish ping.

7Missing Vehicles Empty Re: Missing Vehicles on Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:50 am

Artemis

Artemis

Missing Vehicles OV1Pbp7
Well, they are on a timer. If they are not pulled from the VG after so many days, the DB wipes them out. (I believe it's 90 days) or, if your plotpole was left out where someone could get to it, they could have been stolen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum