You are not connected. Please login or register

Thoughts on maps?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Thoughts on maps? on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:06 am

I didn't want to put this in "server suggestions" because I'm not really suggesting we do this, but I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on if it were possible to have another map to play on, like Lingor or Taviana, but we could have the exact same server rules as we have here on the Chernarus map (maybe some modifications to the missions)?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this server and have had the most fun playing DayZ here since the days of the original hive. But the other day I was thinking about those other maps and how much fun they could be if we had our server rules there.

I'll preface my thoughts by saying that I do realize the admins have their work cut out for them if we were to change maps, and that they would ultimately be the ones who made that decision.

My thoughts:

Taviana is so huge that it would provide ample space for all kinds of missions and vehicle access. Chernarus is kinda small for airplanes, doable but you feel like you're constantly flying in a circle. There is also plenty of space for missions to be spread out more, with more varied terrain.

Lingor would ultimately change the way we do our missions. The tighter jungle scenery would in most cases result in closer combat, more player deaths, and perhaps more player cooperation to accomplish missions (most of our missions can be done solo with a good sniper rifle). It's also a bigger map than Chernarus with more access to waterways where boats might be used for something other than Skalisty.

Panthera is a good mix of Lingor and Chernarus: lots of mountains and valleys, with a couple rivers, and a lot of small towns. This one could be fun if we wanted to do something that was closer to a Chernarus feel than a Lingor feel. It has a strong mix of areas that could be excellent sniping positions as well as others that would require CQC.

I don't really like Takistan. It's fun to play in survival mode, but for missions and bases I see it getting old really fast.

Anyways, I'd like to know what everyone else thinks. Lets hear your opinions on the other maps and which ones you see working better than others for our purposes. Who knows, maybe someday we'll have it? But for now I'm good with us just talking about it.

View user profile

2 Re: Thoughts on maps? on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:44 am

I always pride myself on being very open to suggestions so I would like to also here what people would think about this.

If we as a community can agree to something like this I will ensure it happens.

Regards,
Quake

View user profile

3 Re: Thoughts on maps? on Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:48 am

panthera is the best map ever. this is the best server ever. lets make this happen

View user profile

4 Re: Thoughts on maps? on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:11 am

No interest in changing map. Chernarus is the single most popular map for a reason.

View user profile

5 Re: Thoughts on maps? on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:37 am

I too am going to shut this one down. Its just not practical. We would have to be down for days in order to convert all our mods over.

Regards,
Quake

View user profile

6 Re: Thoughts on maps? on Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:08 pm

A second server with the same setup is not out of the question, and may be something we consider in the future,

But first and foremost, our main priority is growing the current server, a new map would not be a conversion, it would be a second server.. we would be keeping the current Chernarus server.

View user profile http://endlessgaming.forumotion.com

7 Re: Thoughts on maps? on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:12 am

I totally agree with you Greenshag

View user profile

8 Re: Thoughts on maps? on Wed May 16, 2018 10:35 am

I absolutely love Taviana, maybe we can poll it here when we get more popular yeah?

View user profile

9 Re: Thoughts on maps? on Thu May 17, 2018 4:26 am

I'd donate to help fund a Tavi or Panth server with same (or similar) mods. Would be fun to be able to go back and forth.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum