Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New player, Kelly

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New player, Kelly Empty New player, Kelly on Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:31 am

Kelly

Hey guys, just wanted to thank staff for the great work on the server. It's a nice, comfortable setup for those of us who just don't have hours and hours to play.

I do have a question though concerning locked vehicles. I'm currently looting and collection enough to place a small base but I just don't have enough yet. I logged out today and left my truck locked up in the north forest. I didn't want to park close to someone's base and I couldn't really find a spot that wasn't already taken. Is it reasonable to assume that forest parking is OK unless it is Sunday cleanup? I'm hoping that I can gather enough by midweek to be able to set down roots but I didn't want to lose my truck-o'-goods in the meantime. I have some decent stuff to sell at hero but I'm not quite there on humanity.

I'll pass on the helper crate of stuff. I don't mind the grind. The offer is appreciated though. Oh, and if there is anyone that doesn't mind a tag-along on some of the tougher missions I'd love to watch how you are doing it. I don't want any loot or freebies, I'm interested in how single players can handle things like the Mayor's Mansion. A few years back I did mission design and mod work as 'gopostal' but took extended time off to recover from cancer. I'm amazed that one player can do major missions and I'd love to watch how you do it as I'm thinking about taking Arma scripting back up again.

Anyhow, thanks again and I'll see you guys ingame.

-Kelly

2New player, Kelly Empty Re: New player, Kelly on Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:21 am

Artemis

Artemis

New player, Kelly OV1Pbp7
I would still recommend using the Stary Parking garage.

3New player, Kelly Empty Re: New player, Kelly on Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:31 pm

Kelly

Where is the parking garage in relation to the traders? I've been trying to avoid any added structures because I don't know who has what bases yet. I'd rather not be seen around someone's place without permission. I'll move my truck into the garage as soon as I'm clear where it is.

4New player, Kelly Empty Re: New player, Kelly on Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:16 pm

Artemis

Artemis

It’s the BIG gray warehouse just south of the stary trader

5New player, Kelly Empty Re: New player, Kelly on Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:14 pm

Kelly

Got my truck upstairs. I put down a temp safe beside it because the truck was doing the bounce. I'll remove it next login and reload the gear back into the truck.

I used a bike to tow the truck upstairs but I wasn't able to access the bike once I dismounted. I'll see if that fixes after a server reset. Admins can just delete the bike if they happen to pass by if that's easier. I won't do that again, I didn't realize bikes were an issue on upper levels.

Thank you for your help.

6New player, Kelly Empty Re: New player, Kelly on Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:45 pm

Artemis

Artemis

If the bike was spawned from a toolbox it won’t make it through restart. If that happens and you’re not on, I’ll drop a toolbox in the truck

...JB...

New player, Kelly Ay6VLtQ
Drop your plot pole [nowhere near a trader of course], put your vehicle inside, then log off. When you log back in you do the reverse. This also helps with vic's you steal off roaming AI, no need for a key - because who cares anyway.

Here at Endless they allow two plot poles which is both brilliant and an amazing player perk. One at your base behind a locked door, the other you carry with you AT ALL TIMES. Can use one vic to store the heavy weapons and ammo you'd use for missions. Another to keep stuff you'll sell at traders and only make a Stary run once it's full so you don't waste time on multiple trips for a measly 100/200k.

8New player, Kelly Empty Re: New player, Kelly on Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:45 pm

Kelly

I've chatted with a couple of you guys on server but does anyone ever hang out in voice chat to quickly explain things like this? I've seen the virtual garage referenced but was honestly afraid of losing my vehicle trying to figure it out. If you ever want to spend a few minutes I'd be happy to meet up with you*. Thanks so much for letting me know about the plot pole. I'm going to go on server and test this out right after I finish this reply!

*-Provided you understand two things. First, I won't waste your time. You'll only need to explain something once and I'll get it. I won't smother you with ridiculous questions. Your time is valuable and I won't waste it. Second, my voice and annunciation aren't great some days because I legit had throat cancer. I can sound a little sloppy if I'm very tired so don't hesitate to ask me to repeat something if I mess up the words. I have some mild treatment deformity in my jawbone/tongue and it makes certain words a little hard to say clearly. It's not anything bad, I just like to get it out of the way so you aren't wondering "Is this guy a little drunk?" Sadly, I'm not Sad

9New player, Kelly Empty Re: New player, Kelly on Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:10 pm

...JB...

New player, Kelly Ay6VLtQ
This is a great server for new players, Kelly. Folks were great to me when I got here, happy to pay it back now that I'm one of the salty old bastards.
I'm off on a business trip until Thursday night but if you see me online when I get back hit me up and I'd be happy to answer any of your questions.
Welcome aboard the Endless Express.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum